Fire Warden / Marshall Training including Fire Extinguisher Training - ½ Day Virtual Classroom Courses are run at clients premises, simply contact ISC with your preferred dates and number of delegates.
Fire Warden/Fire Marshall training including Practical Fire Fighting, emergency evacuation procedures. Fire Safety legislation, evacuation procedures, raising the alarm, building fire safety, passive fire safety features, active firesafety equipment Duties of the employer, Fire Warden and Chief Fire Warden, Evacuation procedures and policies, what to do in case of an alarm activation including the practical use of Fire Extinguishers
There is a legal requirement on employers to prepare an Emergency Plan that outlines how the workplace will be evacuated in the event of a fire outbreak. Fire Wardens are designated the responsibility of executing this plan in an emergency situation. This course aims to inform Fire Wardens of their responsibilities in running a fire drill effectively and safety. It also details the steps involved in developing an Emergency Plan for the workplace, in the event that one does not currently exist.
Section 11(1)(c) of the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005 states that the employer is required to:
“designate employees to implement the plans, procedures and measures concerning fire and emergency. These designated employees are commonly called fire wardens or fire officers”
Theory of fire and fire extinction
Chemistry of fire
Practical demonstrations of fire hazards
Spread of fire
Classification of fires
Basic fire prevention
How to make evacuation realistic
Module 1 – Fire Safety/Science
• Legislation – 2005 Act, 1981 & 2003 Fire Services Act, HSA, HIQA;
• Fire Statistics & Case Studies;
• Nature and behaviour of fire;
• Nature and behaviour of smoke;
• Fire prevention & management;
• Behaviour Issues of people regarding fire alarms & emergencies;
• Classes of fire.
Module 2 – Classes of Fire and Fire Extinguishing Methods & Equipment
• Classes of Fire;
• Fire Detection and Alarms (Overview);
• Inspection, Maintenance and Discharge of Fire Extinguishers;
• Participants will then be trained in the practical use of extinguishers;
• Fire Blankets;
• Fire Hose Reels;
Module 3 – Role of Fire Warden & Emergency Procedures
• Pre–fire / post-fire duties of the Fire Warden;
• General Emergency Plans and Evacuation Procedures;
• Design and documentation of Fire Evacuation Plans & Records;
• Identifying and Managing Personal Emergency Evacuation Plans (PEEPS);
• Fire Drills – Running, Management & Evaluation of Fire Drills.
Fire Warden / Marshall Training inc. Fire Extinguisher Training
Cant find what your looking for ?
your instruction and patience was invaluable and truly appreciated. I now feel I have the tools and confidence to assist in any first aid emergency
The course was one of the most rewarding I have done, You made the course come to life with your real life experience
I thoroughly enjoyed the course. The presentation was first class and I would highly recommend you to others.
Very Interesting and informative, related the course to real life with real stories